Updates in relation relaxation of Travel Exemptions
The Federal government has recently updated its travel advice in relation to the COVID pandemic and the following do not need a travel exemption to enter Australia:
- An individual who has resided in New Zealand for at least 14 days immediately before travelling to Australia;
- A person who holds a s188, Business Innovation and Investment visa;
- An Australian accredited diplomat and their immediate family;
- A traveller who is going to transit in Australia for less than 72 hours;
- Airline crews, maritime crews, including marine pilots;
- An individual who is recruited under the Seasonal Worker Program or Pacific Labour Scheme
New ETA APP
The DHA has recently launched a new ETA App for passport holders from the following countries, designed to make the ETA process simopler:
- Brunei – Darussalam
- Hong Kong (SAR PRC)
- Korea, Rep of (South)
- United States
Please note that as part of the application process, it is necessary for applicants to take a photo of themselves, and an uploaded passport photo will not be considered suitable
Immigration SA Updates
Immigration SA has added new occupations to the DAMA (Designated Area Migration Agreement). These agreements are available in metropolitan areas of South Australia, and regional areas. The available occupations for Adelaide are available here: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/occupation-lists/dama-occupation-list#metro
The regional occupations are available here:
Importantly, these occupations will have a pathway to permanent residents, and concessions in relation to age, English language ability and salary levels have been agreed to, in addition to changes to work experience requirements for qualified international graduates.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in the above pathways.
South Australia Business Skills
Applications for s188 SIV and s132 applications are now open, as the Federal government has allocated an interim number of places. An Intention to Apply must be submitted to Immigration SA, and an EOI to SkillsSelect by 23.11.2020.
Adrian Felton (MARN:0105680)
Please contact us if you require any further information, or are interested in applying for this visa.